In order to streamline things during this time in the project (and in order to keep important notes from getting lost in other comment threads or email inboxes), I’ve created an “Errata” page. As it says there, this is an excellent place to post taxonomic suggestions, museum abbreviation updates, potential typos in the data, duplicate entries, etc. You can access it on the side bar, under Resources, with the link name of “Tasks: Found an Error“?
Thanks to contributor David Dreisigmeyer for the suggestion!
I’d like to suggest that we make comments on this site unthreaded, so that new comments always appear at the end — that will make it much simpler to keep track of what is new.
Agree with Mike on that one. Hard to spot new comments when the threads get really long.
Changed as suggested (I think it will only go into effect for new posts, though).
While working on the combined entry for Triceratops sp. specimen USNM 4842, I encountered a measurement of 30 mm in the “Shaft AP L” column for the femur (ref: Chinnery 2004b [supplement]). In comparing it to Matt Carrano’s personal measurement of 120 mm in the row immediately above (and also eyeballing the proportions of similar specimens), I couldn’t help but to raise an eyebrow. I checked the Chinnery supplement and failed to find a measurement of 30 mm for that specimen anywhere in the femur table, so I’m inclined to believe it’s just a stray entry that made it through. For the purposes of the combined entry, I have disregarded the 30 mm figure and keyed a note to that effect, but I didn’t want to remove the measurement without first running it past a pro…
I think that there’s something wrong with Parksosaurus. The two measurements for its humerus width seem to be off each other by an order of magnitude.